Hello BC visitors!
Here is a little recommendation for you to start with. We put together a list of what we found useful on our travels through British Columbia in the past. We hope it will help you to better plan your holiday and find some interesting places, hikes and camping spots.
This is an Off-line app where you can find some last minute spots for camping. That includes official campgrounds, Provincial Parks, rest areas, recreation areas or just simply legal spots to stay overnight when you happen to have no campground reservation. You can also find information on where to refill your freshwater tank or dump the grey water tank. This app is created by travelers for travelers, so you’ll only find real reviews from people who visited the place.
You may find yourself losing a self-service in Rockies more often than you would ever think. To have an offline map is a must to keep you on the right path.
We find this app very useful when looking for a hike to go to. If you haven’t done your research, and the Tourist info booth is closed, this is the app you want to have in your phone.
If you are planning your journey and trying to make your itinerary without knowing much about Canadian and BC parks, these two links may help you to find some general information and give you a better idea of what you can see and do here.
Top destinations you may have heard about:
- Squamish Valley – get there on See to Sky Highway, the most beautiful road in Canada
- Whistler – Olympic Village, mountain biker’s heaven
- Vancouver Island – Tofino – stunning long beaches, surfer’s heaven
- Sunshine Coast – take the ferry to this amazing laid-back rugged coast
- Okanagan Valley – Wine region, the hottest part of BC
- Jasper and Banff National Parks (Alberta’s Rockies) – highest chances of bears and elks pictures
- Yoho National Park – turquoise Emerald Lake and Alpine Lake O’Hara, Wapta Falls
- Glacier National Park – see enormous mountains and glaciers right from the highway
- Kootenay National Park – Radium Hot Springs, natural hot springs
We do not dare to advice you where to go first or second, what is the best place to visit or what is the most beautiful. We can only assure you that anywhere you go from all these places, your breath will be taken away and the pure wild Canadian nature will never leave your heart. Just see!